This is the blog for Matt Hollingsworth. I'm from Ojai, California. I've worked in comics for 22 years as a color artist.

This blog will largely be used to show my daily life as I live in Samobor, Croatia and as I travel around the region. Lots and lots of photos! Leave me a comment, will you?

All content on this blog is copyright 2013 Matthew Dale Hollingsworth and cannot be copied or used for any purpose without my consent.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

First off, apologies for the low quality photos. I tried a new setting on my camera, for low light, and it sucks. The regular settings actually work better in low light. These newer settings really pixelate the photos, so I've had to upload lower res versions to try to hide that fact. Oh well, live and learn!

Anyway, Nara and I went to one of our favorite beer places last night; Hop Devil. It's in this mall near the main train station in the center of Zagreb. If you're here and wanna go, it's the one with the Cinestar theaters and it's near the Sheraton. The pub is downstairs on the basement floor.

This place has something like 75 Belgian beers on their menu. Many, many great beers including some classics like Rochefort, Westmalle, Duvel and many, many others. It's by far the largest selection of beers I've seen in Croatia thus far.

We joined Nara's friend Maja and her boyfriend Emir and had a great time hanging out and sampling some fine ales. The space itself is also very nice. One entire wall has water running down it, which is a pretty cool effect, and the water runs underneath a plexi glass section of flooring, which appears very blue in the photos. The area around the bar itself is also made to fit in with the Abbey idea of Belgian beers.

Have a look:



Water running down that entire wall on the left.







Our favorite beer there; Celis White, which is written up in the blog after this.



Lovely, lovely Nara.



Lovely, lovely Celis White.



Perturbed at the empty glass.



Ah, that's better.





Me and a blury Emir.



Maja.



Maja and Nara.





Heavy Metal!


No comments: