This is the blog for Matt Hollingsworth. I'm from Ojai, California. I've worked in comics for 22 years as a color artist.

This blog will largely be used to show my daily life as I live in Samobor, Croatia and as I travel around the region. Lots and lots of photos! Leave me a comment, will you?

All content on this blog is copyright 2013 Matthew Dale Hollingsworth and cannot be copied or used for any purpose without my consent.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

This blog is not intended to comment on politics in the region. It's meant to be a cultural blog, to show the things about mankind that bring us together, not separate us. Like food, drink, music and vampires.

Yes.

And as such, I'm not really going to be commenting on Kosovo or any of that stuff. If you want to read stuff like that, go read Balkan Baby and watch as a Westerner living in Zagreb gets embroiled in controversy over politics and his perhaps ignorant opinions. I don't hold the claim of not being ignorant. I am. Commenting on stuff I know little about seems folly.

But, in the same article that discusses Kosovo, it also discusses some Croatia related news. I suppose it's ultimately politics, but I'll let basic news items like this through if they merit any attention. No offense intended to any Balkan readers.

From Deutsche Welle:

During a visit to the Balkans, German Defense Minister Jung underlined his support for the supervised independence of the breakaway Serbian province of Kosovo as well as Croatia's desire for EU and NATO membership.

...

Jung also supported Croatia's bid to join the European Union and NATO.

"Germany will continue to support Croatia's European perspective and efforts to join NATO," he said.

Croatia hopes to receive an invitation to join NATO next year and from the EU by the end of the decade.

Jung will travel to Macedonia and Albania on Thursday. Both countries are hoping to get an invitation to join NATO next year.

To read the article in full, go here:

Deutsche Welle

No comments: