This is the blog for Matt Hollingsworth. I'm from Ojai, California. I've worked in comics for 22 years as a color artist.

This blog will largely be used to show my daily life as I live in Samobor, Croatia and as I travel around the region. Lots and lots of photos! Leave me a comment, will you?

All content on this blog is copyright 2013 Matthew Dale Hollingsworth and cannot be copied or used for any purpose without my consent.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

I always joke around about donkeys with Esad and Nara. Last summer when we visited Tribunj, we heard the donkeys braying as we sat there watching the World Cup and drinking beers. And when I moved here, I just started joking around about them, as if they're around in much larger numbers than they are and as if they're responsible for things they couldn't possibly have anything to do with. I've never seen any donkeys here in Zagreb, sadly.

As an example, on the weekend when the young punks are out speeding around loudly in their cars, Nara and I always say "Fucking donkeys", as if there's no technology here, no cars. Only donkeys could be racing around making such a noise. Yeah, I know, we're strange. But there you have it.

So, naturally, when Nara saw donkey stamps, she bought me one. Yay for donkeys!



"Magarac" means donkey, and "Dalmatinski" means Dalmatian. If you don't know, the Southern Adriatic coast of Croatia is Dalmatia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
just want to let you know how much I'm enjoying your blog.
All the photos are great, keep 'em coming!

Matt Hollingsworth said...

Thanks! I will.