This is the blog for Matt Hollingsworth. I'm from Ojai, California. I've worked in comics for 22 years as a color artist.

This blog will largely be used to show my daily life as I live in Samobor, Croatia and as I travel around the region. Lots and lots of photos! Leave me a comment, will you?

All content on this blog is copyright 2013 Matthew Dale Hollingsworth and cannot be copied or used for any purpose without my consent.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Going to Texas!

Here's the latest on my wacky life of travel and adventure.

As it stands now, I will be leaving Croatia on February 13th. If I miraculously line up paperwork to stay for a longer time, then I won't leave at all. But it's my assumption that even if I do line up my paperwork, that it won't happen before that date, which is the time I have to leave. With a tourist visa, I can only stay in the country for 90 days in a six month period. So, I'll have to leave, possibly for 3 months, then return later. I will keep my apartment here and plan on returning, definitely. I am moving forward on 3 different strategies to stay in the country for an extended one year permit that is renewable for another year. But I am prepared for very slow bureaucracy, and with X-Mas here right now, I know nothing will move forward until January. So, I contacted some friends to see what my options were in the States.

I do not want to return to LA. But I have some very close friends in Portland and Texas. A few friends stepped up and offered me a place to stay, so thanks to them all. But, ultimately, I chose the San Antonio, Texas option. A very close friend lives there. For those who know her, it's Eva Moon. We were roomies before, we get along and my cats like her dogs. And she has a huge house with an available room for me. So, I will get to catch up with her and her Corgis, check out the local area which I am totally unfamiliar with and have a bit more traveling fun. I'll be totally sad if I have to leave Croatia, but this will make it much easier to deal with the sadness. She's a very good friend and I already know what it's like to live with her.

So, yay!

I still aim to try to stay here, but if not, then I already have a soft landing lined up.

Don't mess with Texas.

No comments: